Orlando Health Cancer Institute is seeking a full time, board certified or board eligible genetic counselor to join three cancer genetic counselors, one nurse practitioner and one medical oncologist in the Cancer Genetics and High-Risk Center. The position involves providing genetic counseling to patients who have a personal and/or family history that is suggestive for a hereditary cancer syndrome. Our center consults families with various cancers including breast, gynecologic and gastrointestinal cancer.
- Chart preparation and medical records review.
- Obtain/review patients’ medical and family history.
- Help patients evaluate their history to determine if the family may benefit from genetic testing.
- Facilitate genetic testing and help patients interpret the results.
- Provide cancer risk assessment and formulate a medical management plan based on the patient's history, family history and genetic test results.
- Serve as a liaison between the patient and physician to coordinate genetic testing, referrals and communicate the results of testing.
- Create a detailed letter that is sent to the patient and the referring physician.
- Stay abreast of the latest research relating to cancer genetics and genetic testing options.
- Educate other healthcare providers and the general public about hereditary cancer.
- Master’s Degree in Genetic Counseling.
- Board certified/eligible by the American Board of Genetic Counseling.
- Cancer genetic counseling experience preferred, but new graduates are welcome to apply.
- Able to translate complex medical information for patients and health professionals.
- Strong communication, critical thinking and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Experience giving presentations preferred, but not required.
- Orlando Health offers competitive salaries and full benefits packages.
- Benefits for genetic counselors also include funding for certification/continuing education and four-day work weeks.
For more information, please contact Ryan Bisson, MS, CGC, at 321-841-7299 or
ADDRESS: 22 Underwood Street. Suite 105 (Ambulatory Care Center) Orlando FL 32806
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.