Orlando Health Cancer Institute, as a premier cancer care provider in Florida, Orlando Health Cancer Institute has developed a strategy of collaborative cancer care engaging highly specialized experts providing multidisciplinary, compassionate care while treating each patient as a unique individual. The center’s approach to providing the highest quality of patient care at every level is founded on a commitment to excellence and innovation, including:
- Bringing the newest drugs and available treatments to patients through a robust clinical trials program.
- Being a first-in-market leader to bring leading-edge cancer technologies to Central
Florida, such as a robotic-assisted endoluminal platform for minimally invasive lung
biopsy, and the launch of cellular therapy and bone marrow transplant programs.
- Enhancing access to care with five treatment locations and several practice locations
that enable us to deliver services deeper into communities, and expanded virtual
appointment and consultation options.
- Treating the “whole” patient through holistic therapies enhanced by our Cancer Support
Our Oncology Genetics and High Risk department, is currently seeking a Certified Genetic Counselor who will evaluate and explain a family's risk of an inherited medical condition.
Master’s degree in Genetic Counseling required
Certified Genetic Counselor by the American Board of Medical Genetics (ABMG) or American Board of Genetic Counselors (ABGC) – renewed every five years.
- Obtain and review patients’ medical and family histories.
- Help assess a patient’s history in order to determine if the family may benefit from genetic testing.
- Facilitate the process of genetic testing.
- Assist patients and their healthcare providers in the interpretation of genetic test results.
- Formulate a medical management plan based on the patient's history, family history and genetic test results.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures
Other Related Functions
- Chart preparation and medical records review.
- Document patient interactions through patient and/physician summary letters.
- Stay abreast of the latest research relating to genetics and genetic testing options.
- Educate other healthcare providers and the general public about genetics.
- Maintains required records, reports and files.
- Attends meeting as required and participates on committees as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
ADDRESS: 22 Underwood Street. Suite 105 (Ambulatory Care Center) Orlando FL 32806
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.