Registered Nurse RN - ORMC Acute Care Inpatient Rehab - Night
Department: Rehab Nursing
Status: Full Time
Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical Center (ORMC)Located on the downtown Orlando campus, Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical Center (ORMC) has served the Central Florida area for more than 100 years. Orlando Health ORMC is the flagship hospital of the Orlando Health system and one of the largest tertiary facilities in the region, offering the most advanced care available for surgical, medical, rehabilitative and emergency care needs, including serving as Central Florida’s only Level One Trauma Center. The hospital provides a comprehensive continuum of care through leading-edge technology and expertise in trauma, heart, vascular, stroke, neuroscience, oncology, surgery and orthopedic care. This excellence in care has earned the hospital recognition from U.S. News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” in Central Florida and rated high performing in nine adult procedures and conditions. Thirteen hospital units at Orlando Health ORMC currently hold Beacon Awards for Excellence for exceptional nursing care from the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses, making it one of the highest-earning adult hospitals in the state.
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides direct patient care in a hospital setting.
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree (BSN)
• Assumes responsibility for professional development and continuing education.
• Meets all mandatory and developmental requirements for Orlando Health and unit/department.
Maintains current Florida RN license and BLS/Healthcare Provider certification.
ACLS, NRP, PALS, TNCC are required for certain areas. PALS required for Pediatric Critical Care areas. NRP required for Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU).
Twelve months hospital RN experience required. Based on area of assignment, specialty courses and specialty experience may be required. Able to meet job duties of Clinical Nurse I. Must meet unit specific performance competencies.
- Assesses patient’s needs and develops/revises an individualized plan of care based on patient needs and responses. Evaluates the patient’s progress toward attaining expected outcomes.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on assigned unit/department.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, assesses the data reflective of the patient’s status, and interprets the necessary information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to age-specific needs.
- Coordinates the care and delegates as appropriate to other team members on a defined group of patients.
- Documents patient care in a knowledgeable, skillful, and consistent manner meeting all required and regulatory standards. This includes but is not limited to patient assessment, education, medication administration, treatments, and patient safety.
- Demonstrates competency in nursing skills and use of patient care/unit equipment as defined by unit/ department-specific requisite skills.
- Prioritizes patient care in an ongoing manner in accordance with Evidence-Based Practice Standards of Care.
- Practices effective problem identification and resolution.
- Delegates tasks and duties to healthcare team members in accordance with the patient’s needs and the team member’s capabilities and qualifications.
- Communicates appropriate information regarding patient condition or unit concerns to other health care team members.
- Respects diversity by building respectful relationships with all team members and customers.
- Functions as a patient and family advocate.
- Demonstrates caring practices by providing a compassionate and therapeutic environment for patients and their families.
- Integrates patient and family education throughout the delivery of care.
- Participates in process improvement activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues and patients’ rights.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Practices efficient use of supplies and maintains a clean, safe, and organized work area.
- Attends staff development in-services, department meetings, and/or nursing committee meetings.
- Collaborates with management team to identify professional development needs.
- Serves on hospital, department, and/or nursing committees as required.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
ADDRESS: 52 W Underwood St (ORMC) Orlando FL 32806
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.