Orlando Health Cancer Institute, as a premier cancer care provider in Florida, Orlando Health Cancer Institute has developed a strategy of collaborative cancer care engaging highly specialized experts providing multidisciplinary, compassionate care while treating each patient as a unique individual. The center’s approach to providing the highest quality of patient care at every level is founded on a commitment to excellence and innovation, including:
- Bringing the newest drugs and available treatments to patients through a robust clinical
- Being a first-in-market leader to bring leading-edge cancer technologies to Central
Florida, such as a robotic-assisted endoluminal platform for minimally invasive lung
biopsy, and the launch of cellular therapy and bone marrow transplant programs.
- Enhancing access to care with five treatment locations and several practice locations
that enable us to deliver services deeper into communities, and expanded virtual
appointment and consultation options.
- Treating the “whole” patient through holistic therapies enhanced by our Cancer Support
The home of Orlando Health Cancer Institute is the Charles Lewis Pavilion. Located on the downtown Orlando campus, this 10-story facility contains all ambulatory and other services required for comprehensive cancer care from diagnosis through all phases of treatment, recovery and follow up.
The Orlando Health Cancer Institute, Oncology Clinical Research department is currently seeking a Clinical Research Coordinator, who will develop, coordinate and implement research and administrative strategies essential to the management of clinical trials research.
Must meet one of the following:
- Bachelor degree in health related field (i.e. Healthcare Administration, Nursing, Respiratory Therapy, Health & Wellness or Health Information Management); or
- Associate degree in related field (i.e. Healthcare Administration, Nursing, Respiratory Therapy, Health & Wellness or Health Information Management) and one (1) year of clinical research or healthcare experience (in addition to the requirements listed in the Experience section); or
- Graduate of an accredited allied health program and one (1) year of clinical research or healthcare experience (in addition to the requirements listed in the Experience section).
- All RNs and other Clinical Research Coordinators involved in direct patient care may be required to be licensed by the medical director.
- Maintains current Certified Research Coordinator CCRC/CCRP by the Association of Research Professionals or SOCRA (Society of Clinical Research Associates.
- BLS/Healthcare Provider certification required.
Two years of clinical research experience.
- Coordinate multi-site or large-scale clinical trials research studies conducted by a supervising principal investigator(s) in support of activities that meet objectives of assigned research protocol(s).
- Assesses patients for protocol eligibility and communicates findings to investigator/physician.
- Coordinates the implementation of protocol procedures.
- Operates specialized equipment as needed in assigned area, if applicable.
- Assesses and monitors patient responses and adverse reactions; reports same to accountable sources.
- Provides appropriate patient and family education.
- Completes a variety of reports, documents and correspondence for regulatory agencies, participating clinical trial sites and for internal purposes.
- Collaborates with physicians and other healthcare staff to ensure adherence to FDA and protocol guidelines; identify potential problems and/or inconsistencies and take action as appropriate.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of amendments to clinical trials protocols to the IRB.
- Provides educational in-services as needed.
- Promotes interdepartmental cooperation and coordination for each protocol.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures
ADDRESS: 1400 S. Orange Ave. Orlando Health Cancer Institute Orlando FL 32806
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.